WEEK 13 – Light a candle

 WEEK 13 – Light a candle

I don’t have any ancestors who were candle or light makers that I am aware of. There are a few who were miners and could have used lanterns. However, linked to “light a candle” I think it has to be a general post. Over the years when I have visited places that my ancestors died or were linked to and I have “lit a candle” for them.

Some of those are:

Peterborough Hospital chapel – Peter Lackey (my Dad)

Thorpe Hall Peterborough – Barbara May Haylock (my Mum)

Durham Cathedral – Cecil Lackey (great uncle) sang there

West Rainton Church – Robert Lackey, Mary Jane Jackson (2x great grandparents) and their family were members of this church and buried in church yard

Ely Cathedral – Reginald Haylock (Grandad) and Susan Preston Roberts (Great aunt) attended services there

Deeping St James Church – William Liddle Lackey (Grandad) sang in choir there

Bradford Cathedral – many of the Wood family were baptised and married there

Paston All Saints, Peterborough – Stanley Archibald Powell and Doreen Cecilia Bland (grandparents) are buried there

Thorney Island Esmworth – Dora Louise Haylock and Albert Danial Cox (great aunt and uncle) are buried there




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2021 Week 1 (Jan. 1-10): Beginnings – Contact with new cousin S.

Week 4 – Close to home (Jan 22-28)

Week 3 – Long Line (Jan 15-21)