Week 21 (May 24-30): At the Cemetery

 Week 21 (May 24-30): At the Cemetery

I have to say that of all the grave photos I have linked to my tree there is only a couple that I have taken myself  “at the cemetery”. The rest have all been via a request online or are already online.


 

Robert & Mary Lackey (my 2x great grandparents) gravestone is one that I took myself as is that of Albert E Liddle (1st cousin 2x removed) and his wife Catherine.

Although I haven’t taken many of my own ancestors gravestones “at the cemetery” I have taken loads of other people’s over the years if there has been a request in my area. More recently I have been taking them in “the cemetery” at the bottom of my road. It is a huge place and is spread over 2 pieces of land with a main road in the middle. I’ve done quite  lot but there is much more to do when it’s a nice day.

Some people really don’t like being “at the cemetery” due to what they are, however, I have no issues with being there or taking photos – especially if it can help someone make a link to their family. Sometimes a grave stone photo is the only photo we may have or be able to get of an ancestor.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2021 Week 1 (Jan. 1-10): Beginnings – Contact with new cousin S.

Week 4 – Close to home (Jan 22-28)

Week 3 – Long Line (Jan 15-21)