Week 11 (Mar. 15-21): Fortune



This theme of “fortune” had me thinking of all sorts of things – did I have anyone called “fortune”? no I don’t. was anyone really rich and worth a “fortune”? not that I know of. I also googled other words for “fortune” and nothing made a sensible link to the family tree.

The only person who came to mind was an ancestor whose family went Australia during the gold rush and he became a pioneer out there. But I have already used him.

However, it did occur to me that actually trying to research the family tree has cost me a “fortune”!!! From site subscriptions to buying certificates, to petrol in cars to go to places, my electricity, postage costs linked to writing to request info or sending it to other people, paid credits at library's and record offices and so much more.

But it keeps me amused and out of trouble, and I love finding out new things and new people. So I would say this “fortune” has been money well spent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2021 Week 1 (Jan. 1-10): Beginnings – Contact with new cousin S.

Week 4 – Close to home (Jan 22-28)

Week 3 – Long Line (Jan 15-21)