52 ancestors Week 15 (Apr. 12-18): Brick Wall

 Week 15 (Apr. 12-18): Brick Wall

“Brick walls”!!! We all have them linked to our trees and ancestors, some we do manage to crumble and break down others we merely make a dent in and some seem to be that strong and stubborn that they could be around long after I am!

I have a few “brick walls” that I would love nothing more than to break down, but have no idea on how or when or if it will happen.

A big “brick wall” that I have been looking at for many years isn’t so much in my main tree but linked to it. I have been trying to find out if all of the Lackey Family in the UK are related to my line of them. I have 10 separate trees linked to various Lackey families across the UK. 1 tree only has 1 person in it as I can’t find definite links or records to the person. I know when and where he died and where he is buried BUT there is no gravestone as was a pauper from the workhouse. This poor man has my surname but I can’t even find if he had a wife let alone a link to me.

Of the 10 trees remaining not linked a couple look possible that they could be linked but until I get solid proof they are staying as stand alone trees. I did have 15 or 16 last year, but I managed to find a link on them to my lineage. They are all linked via my 2nd great grandfathers siblings who all moved from Ireland to the UK. Which makes me think that some more of them could be the same as 2xGG was 1 of 14 children.

I would like to think that I will get a break through on this “brick wall” but who knows.

Another “brick wall” that I have been facing for as long as I can remember is a named man who is supposedly the brother of my late Nan. He is only ever named at funerals, and there has been the odd piece of information linked to him over the years that he was in the Navy and died at sea. Well to this day there doesn’t appear to be a birth for him, any military records linked to a death at see or anything. So, he is a totally unknown man that is a very big “brick wall”.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2021 Week 1 (Jan. 1-10): Beginnings – Contact with new cousin S.

Week 4 – Close to home (Jan 22-28)

Week 3 – Long Line (Jan 15-21)