Week 25 (June 21-27): Groups – Haylock-Baulch family

 Week 25 (June 21-27): Groups – Haylock-Baulch family

I don’t have many photos of “groups” of people except for wedding photos which are mainly of living people and as I don’t have their permission to put them all over the internet I cant use, and I used my parents wedding photo for a similar week last year., but I do have 2 lovely family “group” photos belonging to distant ancestors.

The “group” photos are of family members who lived out in Australia. They were the Baulch family, linked to me via the wife who was a Haylock.

Hannah Amelia Haylock is my 3rd cousin 3x removed via my Mums side of the family. Hannah was born on 7 JAN 1868 in Oamaru, New Zealand, she was the 3rd child of her parents (Daniel Haylock and Elizabeth Tanner) but the eldest daughter. She married George Fredrick Baulch, who was born 27th September 1866 in Tower Hill, Victoria, Australia to parents James Baulch and Ann Hulme (I have no idea of how many siblings he had as not looked into him and his family). They were married on the 23rd November 1891 in Victoria. (Hannah was George’s 2nd wife)

They had 6 known children (that I have found) and a possible 7th in between the last 2 as it’s a big age gap between them and the rest are only a couple of years. But this is yet to be proved.

The 1st “group” photo that I have of the family was taken in about 1900, it is of Hannah and George and some of their children, as per the writing the child in arms in James. At a guess the other children include William, George and Fredrick. Their 1st daughter was born in 1900, so after this was taken.

The 2nd group photo (below) shows Hannah and George (seated), and some of their children and grandchildren. The 2 men standing are believed to be sons George and Fredrick and the ladies are their wives.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2021 Week 1 (Jan. 1-10): Beginnings – Contact with new cousin S.

Week 4 – Close to home (Jan 22-28)

Week 3 – Long Line (Jan 15-21)