52 ancestors Week 26 (June 28-July 4): Conflict

 Week 26 (June 28-July 4): Conflict



As per the above description conflict is a serious disagreement. I wasn’t sure where to go with this theme of “conflict” but after receiving yet another message from a person on the net about “conflicting” information that I have, I have decided that is the route I’m taking.

Over the past few months I have received numerous messages telling me that my information is wrong and “conflicts” what they have/have been told etc. In every case I have been able to prove that my information is correct and that they are wrong.

Messages of “conflict” are listed below:

  • 1.      “Your sons name is incorrect, it should have a capital K in the middle – it should be spelt MacKenzie not Mackenzie, you need to change it”. – ANSWER - Excuse me??? No it shouldn’t, I carried my son my 9months, gave birth to him and named him, therefore I know that his name is spelt correctly – would you like to see his birth certificate? My son’s name is Mackenzie, it usually has a capital K when it is a surname not a 1st name.

 

  • 2.      “Your Great Grandad George H died a few years after birth as he’s not on any census records, so your information is wrong”. *ANSWER - errrr if that is the case HOW am I here? He was 1 of the family members that changed his name on all records (they used mothers maiden name and fathers’ surname as and how they liked; and he went under his mother’s maiden name for most of his life, I have birth, marriage and death certs and photos of him as well as of his children! Therefore, my info is correct! go do your research!

 

  • 3.      “Your Great aunt Dora H (daughter of above) you have the wrong name for her she was a Bigmore NOT a Haylock, not that I can find information on her as a Bigmore”. *ANSWER - she *should have been* a Bigmore (as should the rest of the family including my Mum) and not a Haylock, but her father changed his name and used his mother’s maiden name all of his life (as did many others), all of her documents are in Haylock or her married name! Therefore; my information is correct! go do your research!

 

  • 4.      “Your Great aunt Dora Haylock (same lady as above) and her husband didn't have any children, yet you have 1 listed with her as the mother”. *ANSWER - yes you are part correct in that her and her husband DIDN'T have any children, but SHE HAD a daughter outside of marriage with no father listed on birth certificate, would you like to see a copy of it? Therefore my info is correct! go do your research!

 

  • 5.      “You have your Great Grandmother married to her aunt’s husband and he’s a lot older than her, I think you’ve made a mistake”. *ANSWER – There is no mistake, she DID marry her aunt’s husband after she had died and he was a lot older than her. I have their marriage certificate, would you like to see it?

 

  • 6.      “You have your Dad’s sister listed as female and no name, just letting you know that you have saved it wrongly”. *ANSWER – no I haven’t saved it wrongly, both her birth and death certificate only say Female. She died at only a few days old and hadn’t named.

 

  • 7.      “You have your Grandad Reginald Haylock as living/dying at St Mary’s Lodge Ely, this is a “conflict” of information that I have on him. I have recently bought the house that he died in and was listed as the owner of until his death”. *ANSWER – ummm, ok, would you please be willing to share copies of those documents? My Mum (his daughter) spent the last few months of his life visiting him at St Mary’s Lodge and his death certificate lists this place as well. ***we also we’re not aware that he had owned the house, as it was not listed in his will or anything like this. – a whole new thing to look into***

There has been others over the years but these have been the most recent. It's not your typical "conflict" story but seems the best fit for me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2021 Week 1 (Jan. 1-10): Beginnings – Contact with new cousin S.

Week 4 – Close to home (Jan 22-28)

Week 3 – Long Line (Jan 15-21)