52 ancestors Week 27 (July 5-11): Free

 Week 27 (July 5-11): Free – Freeman family

I did think about using the “free” genealogy websites and tools available, but there are so many and I would feel bad on missing some out, I then thought of any family members that were “Freemasons”, but I couldn’t think of any that were, I know there are some but my mind went blank. So I typed “Free” into the search bar on my tree and there are a few “Freeman” members, it appears that they are from 2 different families and not linked (this has not been fully checked so could be a link further back). So, I plan to do a little bit on each of them.

First up is Albert Granger “Freeman”, he was the husband of niece of spouse of 2nd great-grandaunt to me. Albert was born 1st September 1886 in Leeds, Yorkshire. He married Elsie Clingo on 15th April 1911 at Prospect Chapel, Domestic Street, Holbeck, he is listed as a Commercial Clerk.

They were married after the 1911 census and he is with his family on that. In 1939 him and Elsie are still living in Leeds, Yorkshire and he is listed as Clerk Ministry of Transport. They had 2 known children. He died April 1970 in Leeds, Yorkshire.








Next up is William “Freeman”, who is the 2nd husband of my 4th Great Grandmother Elizabeth Mayne. He was born about 1815 in Narborough, Leicestershire. William had also been married before to Elizabeth Young and they had 5 children. William and my 4th Great Grandmother were married 27th December 1852 in Leicester – the year after both of their previous partners had died. They had 1 child together George, Elizabeth already had 13 children from her first marriage.

William is listed as a fitter in 1851, a stocking frame worker in 1861 and a Framework fitter in 1871. William died April 1875 in Leicester.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2021 Week 1 (Jan. 1-10): Beginnings – Contact with new cousin S.

Week 4 – Close to home (Jan 22-28)

Week 3 – Long Line (Jan 15-21)