Week 24 (June 14-20): Father’s Day

 Week 24 (June 14-20): Father’s Day

For “father’s day” it would seem best to use my Dad, but I have written about him on his own and in a couple of posts, so I don’t want to repeat myself.  Therefore, I am doing a general bit on “father’s Day” like I did for mothers day.

Many of the men in my tree were “fathers” so it’s only fair that this goes out to all of them. Because without them going back I would not be here today. 

Many of the men ("father's" or otherwise) were hard working men, who spent their lives doing various occupations - shoemaking, coal mining, military, drapers, grocers etc, so that they could support their wives and children in the best way that they could do. Some took on their ladies children from previous marriages/relationships, and some had to bring them up as single "father's" due to mothers dying in or after childbirth.

Happy “fathers day” to all of the dads in my tree, especially my Dad Peter Lackey.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2021 Week 1 (Jan. 1-10): Beginnings – Contact with new cousin S.

Week 4 – Close to home (Jan 22-28)

Week 3 – Long Line (Jan 15-21)