Week 29 (July 19-25): Fashion

 Week 29 (July 19-25): Fashion

Fashion” is a form of self-expression and autonomy at a particular period and place and in a specific context, of clothing, footwear, lifestyle, accessories, makeup, hairstyle, and body posture. In its everyday use, the term implies a look defined by the “fashion” industry as that which is trending.

There has been many “fashions” over the years and looking at some of the clothes my ancestors wore I’m glad I wasn’t around in that time, yet others i have had the "wow" i would love o have worn that. I don’t have anyone that has been linked to “fashion” in the sense of designing it or making it (that I know of). But I do have lots of photos of ancestors in different “fashions” over the years.

There was no way I could pick just a couple of these “fashions” so I have made a collage of some of them (I could have added loads more), ladies, mens and weddings. It shows how things have changed over the years.

Ladies:












Weddings:


Mens (not changed):



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2021 Week 1 (Jan. 1-10): Beginnings – Contact with new cousin S.

Week 4 – Close to home (Jan 22-28)

Week 3 – Long Line (Jan 15-21)