WEEK 39 – Surprise

 WEEK 39 – Surprise

For the theme of “surprise” I have linked to my maternal grandmother Doreen Cecilia Bland and great grandmother Amy Rose Bland. Both have been written about but they fit this category very well.

Many years ago I bought the death certificate for my great Grandmother Amy Rose. It stated on it “toxemia of pregnancy”. I asked my nan Doreen, if she knew that her mum was pregnant when she died, she told me I was lying and her Mum most definitely was NOT pregnant. I took the death cert to my Nans and showed her it. She was very shocked and “surprised” to see I was telling the truth and it did actually state that. We don’t think it was her husbands baby as he was well into his 70s.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2021 Week 1 (Jan. 1-10): Beginnings – Contact with new cousin S.

Week 4 – Close to home (Jan 22-28)

Week 3 – Long Line (Jan 15-21)