WEEK 37 – Prosperity

 WEEK 37 – Prosperity


“Prosperity” is to grow and succeed. This is quite a hard topic to link to family members as most of my ancestors have been quite poor.

There have been quite a few wills that I have found over the years but none with great value or state lots of things to be distributed. But in some ways to need a will could like to being slightly prosperous.

Both of the following Wills are linked to my direct paternal line. Lady 1 Margaret Ann Lackey was my great grandmother, she left over £1500 to her husband, she never had a paid job but was a housewife. The 2nd lady Martha Julia was my 1st cousin 2x removed and she left the sum of £477 to her cousin James Gardiner Lackey, she was a servant, a teacher and on later photos listed as governess.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2021 Week 1 (Jan. 1-10): Beginnings – Contact with new cousin S.

Week 4 – Close to home (Jan 22-28)

Week 3 – Long Line (Jan 15-21)