WEEK 50 - you wouldn’t believe it

 WEEK 50 - you wouldn’t believe it

For many years I have unofficially been doing a one name study linked to the Lackey family of the UK. I now have 15 family trees that I am trying to link to my own lackey line. I have managed to link quite a few but still have the above 15. I never knew there was so many people with the Lackey name, and thought it was only a few in the UK.

There has been 1 part I have wanted to link to my tree for nearly 10years but no matter what I did I couldn’t make a break through or link on it. This tree was the Whitehaven Lackey’s, the area I moved to over 10years ago and had no idea there was Lackey family here. Well “you wouldn’t believe it” but I found a record that linked my 2nd great uncle to the Lackey family of Whitehaven – he was the father of the head of the family here! I was so shocked and pleased at the same time.

There is still 1 Lackey in Whitehaven I can’t link at the moment and that’s poor John buried in the local cemetery at the end of my road – I can’t find any records aside from his death and the informant was the local union workhouse so not related.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2021 Week 1 (Jan. 1-10): Beginnings – Contact with new cousin S.

Week 4 – Close to home (Jan 22-28)

Week 3 – Long Line (Jan 15-21)