WEEK 41 – travel

 WEEK 41 – travel

Many of my ancestors “travelled” to USA or Australia either to live or work. Many people “travel” by ship or boat, therefore I am going to link this to the Shipp family.

John Shipp was the ”maternal grandfather of husband of sister-in-law of granduncle” so not a close relative of mine. He was born January 1877 in Haverhill, Cambridgeshire to William and Phoebe. He married Alice Argent and they had 3 children. He died in Nov 1947 in Essex.

In 1891 he is listed as a labourer, in 1901 he was a brickyard labourer, in 1911 he had changed his occupation from labourer to horseman on the farm. This is where I lose track of him and cant find on the 1939 census.

My Mum was actually friends with a lady whose surname was “shipp” I have no-idea if she was related to our ancestotrs or not, but I would guess quite possibly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2021 Week 1 (Jan. 1-10): Beginnings – Contact with new cousin S.

Week 4 – Close to home (Jan 22-28)

Week 3 – Long Line (Jan 15-21)