52 ancestors Week 40 (Sept. 30-Oct. 6): Oldest

 
Week 40 (Sept. 30-Oct. 6): Oldest

From Amy Johnson-Crow - The oldest member of your family? Your oldest ancestor? The oldest house you lived in? The story behind the oldest item/picture/family treasure you have? Was anyone in your family the oldest to achieve something?

For the theme of oldest” I could use the “oldest” person I have found in my tree, but as I have written about my other 2 sons I think it’s only fair that I now write about my “oldest” son Jarred.

Jarred was born in 2002, he was my 1st son. During his younger years he was a total nightmare when it came to sleeping and would only have 2-3hours a night! And this was every night from a baby. If he was awake so was everyone else. As he got older and learnt he could play he made even more noise to keep us all awake. This was exhausting.


Up until he was 12 he had white-blonde hair
(the picture left he was 2) and then it started to go darker, like it is now (picture below right). He wont let me cut it or spike it (like I used to do) or do anything to it, he goes to the barbers!

He has a few close friends that he really gets on with and hangs around and goes out with and many other people that he knows and is friendly towards but they are not close and this has always been the case since he was at nursery. Many times it has been reported from school that he’s alone and not mixing with others, but he’s fine and prefers things this way.

He passed his GCSE exams at school and went onto to college where he passed his level 2 animal management course with a distinction* grade, the highest possible grade, and he was one of only a few that got it. He is now doing his level 3 in animal management in readiness to go on and study veterinary. He has a part time job and is learning to drive.

It’s quite scary to think that in just over a month he will be 18years old and an adult. I’m really proud of the kind and caring young man he has turned out to be. I just hope that he doesn’t change.


Comments

  1. THE TOP PART OF THIS POST SHOULD READ AS FOLLOWS:

    Week 40 (Sept. 30-Oct. 6): Oldest
    From Amy Johnson-Crow - The oldest member of your family? Your oldest ancestor? The oldest house you lived in? The story behind the oldest item/picture/family treasure you have? Was anyone in your family the oldest to achieve something?

    For the theme of “oldest” I could use the “oldest” person I have found in my tree, but as I have written about my other 2 sons I think it’s only fair that I now write about my “oldest” son Jarred.
    Jarred was born in 2002, he was my 1st son. During his younger years he was a total nightmare when it came to sleeping and would only have 2-3hours a night! And this was every night from a baby. If he was awake so was everyone else. As he got older and learnt he could play he made even more noise to keep us all awake. This was exhausting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2021 Week 1 (Jan. 1-10): Beginnings – Contact with new cousin S.

Week 4 – Close to home (Jan 22-28)

Week 3 – Long Line (Jan 15-21)