52 ancestors Week 35 (Aug. 30-Sept. 5): School

 Week 35 (Aug. 30-Sept. 5): School

For the theme of “school” I am using my Dad Peter William Lackey, even though he has been used previously. The reason for this I will explain.

In my possession I have this photo (left) of my Dad in “school” uniform. This has become a big problem. He attended 3 “schools” (that we know of) during his life and had an apprenticeship in late teens.

The photo says on the back P.W.Lackey “school”, no year or anything. I have made contact with groups linked to the 3 “schools” he attended – Dogsthorpe Infant and junior “school”, Lincoln Road Boys “school” and Deeping St James “school”, all 3 have said that the photo is not of their uniforms.

I would guess that my Dad is about 12 in the photo so would have been at boys “school” and would have been about 1952/53.

Sadly, I have no idea of where to look or how to locate where this uniform belongs to. I’m pretty sure he is too young to already be at his apprenticeship and as it was linked to Baker Perkins and foundry work I wouldn’t think this is what they wore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2021 Week 1 (Jan. 1-10): Beginnings – Contact with new cousin S.

Week 4 – Close to home (Jan 22-28)

Week 3 – Long Line (Jan 15-21)