52 ancestors Week 39 (Sept. 27-Oct. 3): Steps

 Week 39 (Sept. 27-Oct. 3): Steps

I thought this theme of “steps” would be quite easy as I was sure I had an ancestor with it as their surname, however, when I went into my tree no-ne came up. I did have many males with the name of “Stephen” (so step) but not what I wanted to do.

Many of my ancestors were married more than once and had children from all marriages, so there were lots of “step” siblings/children. The new partners took them on as their own.

The “step” children have at times caused many problems for me. This is because the new parent is listed on records as parent, their names have changed (probably not legally) to the new parents name and all sorts. So I have had to work through records and make sure that they all have the correct parents listed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2021 Week 1 (Jan. 1-10): Beginnings – Contact with new cousin S.

Week 4 – Close to home (Jan 22-28)

Week 3 – Long Line (Jan 15-21)