2021 Week 1 (Jan. 1-10): Beginnings – Contact with new cousin S.

 Following on from doing this in 2020 and not finishing it until last minute due to losing all my photos and documents and losing interest in doing it, I have decided I am going to take part again this year with or without photos and regardless of any problems I may face.


Week 1 (Jan. 1-10): Beginnings – Contact with new cousin S

As this this the 1st week of 2021 it could be used as the “beginnings” theme, but I’m not going that way, I am going a totally different direction.

A few days before the end of 2020 a lady had posted a photo in a family history group that I belong to (from where one line of my ancestors lived). She had added a comment that her Grandmother was the lady on the end of the row and gave her Grandmothers name, the same as my ancestors of the area. I commented on the photo that we could be distantly related as I am related to people of her Grandmother’s surname.

The lady replied and asked if I had her Grandmother in my tree, I said I did. She sent me a private message and me and S (as she’s alive I wont name her) started talking and we worked out that we ARE related, and as I thought quite distantly. We share the same 6th and 7th Great grandparents - 6th are Samuel Bigmore and his wife Jane Boreham, and our 7th are John Bigmore and his wife Mary Wiffen), and our 5th great Grandfathers were brothers. According to family tree makers we are 7th cousins.

We have spoken and are going to help each other and share information. So this is the “beginning” of a new family link.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 27 – The great outdoors

Week 3 – Long Line (Jan 15-21)