week 31 - flew the coop

 week 31 - flew the coop

flew the coop” is usually a saying linked to children leaving home, but as most did this its not an easy thing to write about. However, birds live in coops and I have a few families that have bird names so I am going to write about some of them.

The Sparrow family are distant relations, the furthest person I have linked to me is George Sparrow born 1813, Holborn, London. He is the father-in-law of my 1st cousin 5x removed. I don’t have much info on him except his wife and daughters names.

The Starling family are linked on my maternal line, but again are distant relations. The furthest person of this name I have linked is Stephen Starling born 1706 in wood ditton Cambridgeshire, he was married to my 1st cousin 9x removed Elizabeth Haylock.

The Robins family are again distant relations, the furthest person is Benjamin Robins born 1832 in Sussex. He is the father-in-law of my 2nd cousin 4x removed. He was an Ag.Lab all of his life.

With regards to “bird” in general my 6th great grandmother was Ann Bird. She was born 1740 in Burton Overy, Leicester. There is also other Bird people in the tree including the mother-in-law of my 3rd cousin 2x removed Amy Bird.

A funy one is Priscilla Eagle born 1891 in Cambridgeshire who married Septimus Crow in 1912. Septimus is again a distant relative as he is the newprh of the wife of the brother-in-law of my 1st cousin 4x removed.

I also have Rooks, Swans, Finches and Ducks but no known information except names.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2021 Week 1 (Jan. 1-10): Beginnings – Contact with new cousin S.

Week 4 – Close to home (Jan 22-28)

Week 3 – Long Line (Jan 15-21)