52 ancestors Week 50 (Dec. 13-19): Lines

 Week 50 (Dec. 13-19): Lines

End of the “Lines” is where I have gone for this week, and I don’t mean the end of the “lines” family (as not got any), I mean the end of where I my maiden name stops, my maiden name was Lackey.

Going back in time many of my Lackey ancestors had loads of kids (my 3x great grandparents had 11, my 2x great grandparents had 13 and my great grandparents had 8), both male and female and from the males the Lackey “line” continued on. But as you get nearer to me most of them only had 1 or 2 children. So, the “line” has slowed right down.

Many of the males linked to my great grandparents era either didn’t have children or only had girls, which has sadly meant that the name was dying. I am the last child of my direct Lackey “line” and this means the end of the “line” stops with me. However, myself, like most of the female Lackey’s have had sons. It is so very strange the way it has worked out.

I know that there is still some living Lackey’s in the UK, and I have managed to link some of them to my tree, but again it looks like most of the males had daughters so the name has come to the end of the “line”. There are a few still in Ireland that go as Lackey but due to accents and transcriptions it seems the name has changed and was originally Leckey in Ireland.

It is sad in a way that I am the last of the “line” but also something I can claim linked to myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2021 Week 1 (Jan. 1-10): Beginnings – Contact with new cousin S.

Week 4 – Close to home (Jan 22-28)

Week 3 – Long Line (Jan 15-21)