52 ancestors week 1 foundations

 Week 1 - foundations

As with the previous 2years of 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks I am going to start with myself as the “foundation” stone. The reason for this is I am the only living person that has any interest in the family history.

 The “foundation” of my family history work started 30years ago, it sounds a long time but I am by no means a professional.

 I was involved with Girl Guides and St John Ambulance at the time and linked to one of the two we were doing a badge linked to family history and this was where it all begin. My tree for this project was hand written and contained very little information – names, dates of births and the odd date of death as many people were still alive then and photos of who I could. It also had limited people of me and my sister, our parents and their parents and grandparents. I think it may have had marriage dates that were known but that is it.

 I enjoyed the above project and over the years made progress from my “foundation” tree and got further. I bought certificates, visited cemeteries and record offices and then when I got internet and records came online things really took off.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2021 Week 1 (Jan. 1-10): Beginnings – Contact with new cousin S.

Week 4 – Close to home (Jan 22-28)

Week 3 – Long Line (Jan 15-21)