week 23 - So many Descendents

 WEEK 23 – So many descendants

For the theme of “so many descendants” I am working back from my 10th great Grandfather on my maternal line. There are possibly additional children of many of the people that I am not aware of at the time of writing this. However, the Haylock family were a very big family so there are going to be “so many descendants”.

John Haylock was born 1st October 1592 in West Wratting, Cambridgeshire, he was married to Avis Hood/Hoode. They married in 1628, she was his 2nd wife. According to many trees on Ancestry they had 10 children, but at present I only have 1 confirmed. He died in 1683. From John and Avis down to me I think that the “so many descendants” will be about 550people, we shall see when I have worked it out.

From my 10th Great Grandfather John there are 502 people with the Haylock name alone, this includes some females who had children but were not married. Then there are all of the females that married and had children, of which I would guess is another 500+. That is “so many descendants” from 1 person.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2021 Week 1 (Jan. 1-10): Beginnings – Contact with new cousin S.

Week 4 – Close to home (Jan 22-28)

Week 3 – Long Line (Jan 15-21)