Week 8 (Feb. 22-28): Power – Electricity

 Week 8 (Feb. 22-28): Power – Electricity




This weeks them of “power” has totally stumped me. I had to leave it and eventually come back to it. I have no one with this name in my tree, nor anything that relates to it. The only ancestor that was “sort of linked to “power” was Clemett Harrison Wragge Lackey who was an Electrical Engineer and Scientist. But I used him for a 52/52 last year.

I have decided to do this week as a thank you to the History of Electricity, because without the “power” it supplies to my house I would be very stuck with regards to family history. I am not in a position where I can go trapsing round cemetery’s library’s half of the country etc to find my ancestors records, BUT I am able to use online records that I can find and access due to having “power” supplied to my home.

Not only does the power allow me to run my laptop and the internet but so many other things in my home. I can’t imagine living a life without having any.

So, I send a big thanks to the person who discovered it and those that have enabled it to become what we know today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2021 Week 1 (Jan. 1-10): Beginnings – Contact with new cousin S.

Week 3 – Long Line (Jan 15-21)

Week 4 – Close to home (Jan 22-28)